Norway: Government warns officials against using TikTok, Telegram
The Norwegian Justice Ministry said that government officials should not install TikTok or Telegram applications on their work devices due to security concerns.
“National Security Agency (NSM) considers that TikTok or Telegram should not be installed on public employees' service units that are connected to the internal digital infrastructure or services,” the ministry said in a statement
The ministry stated that “It also means that political leadership and employees in the ministries and their subordinate enterprises are advised against having Tiktok and Telegram on service units.”
“I support NSM's assessment. Therefore, the Ministry of Justice and Emergency Preparedness will today send a letter to all ministries in which we advise against having TikTok and Telegram on service units. If there is an operational need to have these apps, it should be on a separate device that is not connected to the company's digital systems,” said Justice Minister Emilie Enger Mehl.
“In its open threat assessment "Focus 2023", the intelligence service points to Russia and China as the main threat actors against Norwegian security interests. They also point out that social media is a favorable arena for the actors who want to influence us through disinformation and fake news,” Mehl added.
The United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, the European Union's Commission, and Parliament have so far banned TikTok from all devices used by their employees for work. (ILKHA)
LEGAL WARNING: All rights of the published news, photos and videos are reserved by İlke Haber Ajansı Basın Yayın San. Trade A.Ş. Under no circumstances can all or part of the news, photos and videos be used without a written contract or subscription.
Ukrainian forces launched a large-scale drone attack targeting Moscow and the surrounding Moscow region overnight on August 18, according to Russian officials and local reports.
A Palestinian young man was injured by live ammunition fired by Israeli forces near the separation wall in the town of Al-Ram, north of occupied Jerusalem, local sources reported.
Israeli warplanes reportedly carried out four airstrikes on the abandoned Abu al-Duhur military airport in the eastern countryside of Idlib province early Tuesday, marking the latest reported Israeli attack on Syrian territory amid growing concerns over the country’s sovereignty and security.
The death toll from twin earthquakes that struck Venezuela in June has risen to 6,438, according to the latest official figures released on August 17.